This policy sets out: what is considered personal information; what personal information we collect and hold; how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information; the purposes for which we collect personal information; what happens if we are not able to collect personal information; how to seek access to and correct your personal information; whether we disclose personal information outside Australia; and how to contact us.
Your privacy matters to us. Please take the time to get to know our practices.
If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
It also helps us keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you news about those products or services.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including: through your access and use of our website, during conversations between you and our representatives; and when you complete an application or purchase order. We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- mailing lists; recruitment agencies;
- contractors and business partners.
Why Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer experience. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
- to communicate with you, including but not limited to, by email, mail, SMS or telephone;
- to manage and enhance our products and services; to personalise and customise your experience;
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity;
- and/or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees,
- related bodies corporate,
- joint venture entities,
- contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business,
- fulfilling requests by you,
- and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below).
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try and provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How You can Complain about a Breach of Privacy
We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner. Please contact our us at:
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.